Kick off the season this Black Friday through Cyber Monday with 10% off gift card purchases of $100 or more in value as our gift to you. It’s simple, just input the coupon code SEASONKICKOFF at check out, and the 10% discount will be applied directly to your order.
Enjoy a pumpkin body scrub in our wet room and relax under a warm cascading Vichy Shower rinse. Follow the scrub with a 50 minute massage. This 80 minute treatment will exfoliate the dead skin from you body and leave it revitalized and polished smooth. Pumpkin contains dozens of beneficial nutrients which can help reverse the signs of aging and re-texturize the skin while adding essential hydration. $150
There are 2 types of Hyperpigmentation
- Environmental: Hyperpigmentation can be caused by sun Damage, inflammation, or other skin injuries along with excess production of melanin. Melanin is produced by melanocytes at eh lower layer of the epidermis and is responsible for producing color in the body in places such as the eyes, skin, and hair. As the body ages, melanocyte distribution becomes less diffuse and its regulation less controlled by the body. UV light stimulates melanocyte activity, and where the concentration of the cells is greater, hyperpigmentation occurs.
- Melasma: also known as the mask of pregnancy (when present in pregnant women), is a tan or dark akin discoloration. melisma is thought to be caused by sun exposure, genetic predisposition, hormone changes, and ski irritation. Although it can affect anyone, it is particularly common in women, especially when pregnant.
Using an SPF that contain antioxidants like Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide that will repair the skin due to our exposure to toxins, hormone disturbances and inflammation.
Vitamin E is a great antioxidant for treating hyperpigmentation: It is a fat soluble essential nutrient containing anti-inflammatory properties. It helps support the immune system, cell function, and skin health. This combined with using Vitamin C will increase collagen protein synthesis for repair of damaged skin. It can aide in brightening the skin and overall help with inflammation and aging of the skin.
Scientific Research has shown key benefits of Vitamin A. It is known as the skin normalizing vitamin, it promotes a healthy-looking dermis & epidermis, promotes the effects of collagen & elastin for firmer looking skin. Its natural moisturizing factors promote a healthy barrier function leaving the skin looking hydrated and refreshed. It also stabilizes pigmentation distribution, leaving a more even-toned appearance.
Now we know how to protect and feed our skin cells, but how to treat hyperpigmentation, how do we rid the discoloration without causing more inflammation . We have found ways to inhibit the melanin production in a non-aggressive way.
Chemical Peels: Layering different acids: lactic acids, fruit acids, glycolic and mandelic acids are great to lighten and brighten the skin. Diminishing hyperpigmentation.
Microneedling combined with Environ Skin Care products: Environ pioneered the use of effective doses of Vitamin A and antioxidants which allows their use without retinoid reaction and/or aggravated, problematic skin. Environ uses a patented stabilized, gentle and highly efficacious, fat soluble form on Vitamin C, along with peptides and growth factors to assist with the look of lax skin, pigmentation and fine lines.
Fall can be a stressful time of year, for any age. Soothe, cleanse and renew your skin with these popular fall favorites.
- Microneedling: Rejuvenation is the key word here. If you’re looking to boost collagen, improve scarring or fine lines, and restore vitality, microneedling is for you! It’s the perfect treatment for fall, start the new season with a fresh face.
- Chemical Peel: Smooth operator; that’s the chemical peel! Resurface your skin by removing the top layers and you’ll reveal a younger, more brilliant face. Treat wrinkles, skin discoloration or acne scarring with this winning treatment.
- Hydrating Facial: If you are feeling dry from the sun, or maybe the buildup of sunscreen, give your face a refreshing, hydrating facial. Nourish and hydrate your skin with products that contain hyaluronic acid.
- Acne Facial: You can’t stop acne, but you can contain it and eliminate it. Kick the low self-esteem to the curb and replace it with smiling confidence. An acne-free facial is a great way to start off a new school year!
Come in for a consultation and we can help you decide which treatment is best for your skin. We can’t wait to see you!
Maison Esthetique Christiane Bourque Spa now has online booking. It’s simple, just fill out the form with your choice of service and three appointment time slot options and we’ll get back to you with a confirmation. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Of course, you can always call us for an appointment like usual.